Tuesday, September 14, 2010

68 days and counting

Well I can't believe I have already started to keep track but I have 68 days till I'm due. I think I'm just ready to some day again be comfortable in my own body. That sad I have been in miles of pain my poor hips and back have been a force to be reckoned with. So I decided to take affirmative action and booked an appointment at the Chiropractor. Ok I know do freak out I'm pregnant and yes went for my first adjustment and I lived and the baby is fine, gasp!

So she only did a little bit of my lower back and hips yesterday because it was my first visit ever to a chiro and because all your ligaments are lose when your expecting so you have to be extra carful. She used this thing called an activator which looks like a big needle with no needle on the end but a blunt object. In some spots it really hurt! It was so sensitive at places that I really wanted to just get her away from me.

So after all was said and done I stood up and felt a little bit odd, went to my car and to sit down and feel a little bit sore. Then my foot started to go a little bit numb when I was driving and thought to myself "Oh god what have I done". Plus baby was not really moving around. So I'm driving thinking what a mistake and waste of money and why did I think it would help. Fast forward to sleeping, I get up twice a night generally to us the washroom, I have been having a hard time because my hips have been so stiff that it takes me a little bit to get to the bathroom. It out right hurts to get up in the morning. Last night I get in normal position to get up to the bathroom and get straight up no issue, I walk and everything moves naturally and this morning I was totally not a stiff as I am normally. I was ecstatic to say the least. Still baby not moving as much as it normally does at night but I'm not to concerned cause I'm not supposed to be counting yet.

So I go back Wednesday to have another adjustment and she is going to work up my back a little bit more, which I'm excited about because my mid back hurts like a bad word! So I will up date after that appointment to let everyone know how its going. I'm also going to do two or three massages. I think for sure one before and then two after or two before and one after. Just like the Chiro, I'm going to go after to put me back together. Plus its covered by benefits at work so why not use what I'm paying for, right?

My next OB appointment isn't until September 20 so nothing new there. I'm going to check out a possible new doctor this Friday, Family Doctor, at 7:15am in down town BOOO to that. Other wise not a lot going on. I think I'm going to motivate the man to help finish setting up the baby room, we have to go pick out flooring for the bathroom, and who knows what else.

Have a super day :)

No comments: